External (Statutory) Audit
12/02/2016 - 10/05/2019
The framework is for the provision of External (Statutory) Audit Services. This covers statutory audit services that meet the requirements of the National Audit Office Code of Audit Practice.
The current position regarding the appointment of external
auditors is due to change. Currently the appointment of external auditors depends on an organisations status. NHS Foundation Trusts (FTs) appoint their own auditors and this situation will continue. Non FTs have historically had their external auditors appointed for them by the Audit Commission; however this situation is due to change following the introduction of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
NOE CPC has run a full OJEU process to establish a framework with six leading audit service providers. This framework is available to all NOE CPC members including Non Foundation Trusts and CCGs who will be able to select their audit providers for audits taking place from April 2017 onwards.
- Takes advantage of NOE CPC’s collective buying power
- An increased number of audit suppliers to support NOE CPC members
- Known and pre-agreed contractual terms
- Value for money throughcompetitive market testing
- Robust providers meeting an exacting specification
- Avoids duplication of procurement processes
Six suppliers have been appointed with the capability to supply national coverage:
- BDO LLP
- Deloitte LLP
- Ernst & Young LLP
- KPMG LLP
- Mazars LLP
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
Please click below to view the OJEU notice: