Inventory Management Systems
01/10/2017 – 30/09/2021
We have access to this framework as part of the NHS Procurement in Partnership collaboration alongside NHS Commercial Solutions, NHS East of Engalnd Collaborative Procurement Hub, and NHS London Procurement Partnership.
This framework addresses the need to manage the flow of equipment and consumable stocks throughout an organisation in an efficient and cost effective
An IMS should provide the client with visibility of the inventory as it enters, moves around the site and is used by the client, to maintain agile stock levels, i.e. a balance of inventory that allows the hospital to operate at its most efficient whilst mitigating risk to services, flexing par levels to meet seasonal and demographic trends. Inventory Management is also central to obsolescence management, maximising productivity of the resources available, minimising waste and managing the level of capital tied up as inventory.
The systems offer the capability to:
- Interface securely with existing and future trust systems, including Purchase-to-Pay (P2P), e-Sourcing, catalogue and materials management systems and patient administration systems
- Manage the inventory of multiple suppliers, including consignment stock and consigned instruments kits and sets, and the management of items that may be returned to stock after use/ sterilisation
- Offer approved suppliers access to appropriate parts of the system to allow inventory to be managed in real time
- Track assets/products by location, linked to a specific patient, in ward or theatre
- Support patient-level costing and business analytics
- Operate in hosted and/or ‘cloud’ environments.
- The systems offered are scalable to enable delivery to organisations of different sizes and across a number of locations
- Cash savings through reduction in inventory holdings, minimising waste and maximising productivity of resources available.
- Improved service through maintenance of agile stock levels, higher visibility levels during movement around hospital site
- Advanced Business Solutions
- Assistive Partner Ltd
- Becton Dickinson Dispensing UK Ltd
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Ltd
- Epaccys Ltd
- Genesis Automation
- GHX UK Ltd
- Ingenica Solutions Ltd
- Omnicell Ltd
Please click below to view the OJEU notice: