October's Contract of the Month is Patient Level Information Costing Systems01/10/2018
In response to the Five Year Forward View, improving costing systems is one element of the wider system improvements expected from the NHS. As a result, the NHS is moving towards mandatory patient level information submissions from 2019 onwards under the Costing Transformation Programme being delivered by NHS Improvement.
As a result, this framework will allow Trust to procure and implement compliant and capable systems for the reporting of patient-level costing information in order to report and analyse the true cost of care provision and develop service-wide improvement plans.
The benefits from the delivery of a framework agreement for use by NOE CPC members and the wider NHS will be as follows;
- Provide a compliant route to market to access capable suppliers in the market;
- Ensure capability of suppliers to meet minimum software requirements (and facilitate the costing methods and processes set out in the healthcare costing standards for England);
- Ensure capability in relation to quality and performance;
- Shorten the procurement timescales for the purchasing of costing systems;
- Reduce the procurement costs incurred across the NHS;
- Establish framework baseline costs, therefore facilitating commercial value;
- Ensure minimum quality, standardisation and consistency of systems used across the NHS that is capable of meeting costing standards set by NHS Improvement.
Supplier and System Provided
- System provided: Synergy 4
FCG Prodacapo UK Limited
- System provided: Prodacapo
FTI Consulting LLP
- System provided: CostPerform
IQVIA Solutions UK
- System provided: IQVIA PLICS
Jeton Systems Limited
- System provided: JSimPLiCS
Public Consulting Group UK Limited
- System provided: PCG Monitor
Contact Alison Petrie
Senior Category Manager - ICT and Technology
0114 399 2018 | 07824 597 081
For more information about this contract please click here.
Written by Kate Warman