NOE CPC Highly Commended for Working in Partnership Award for Agency Staffing Project23/11/2017
NOE CPC has been recognised in Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s (LYPFT) Trust Awards 2017 for its work in supporting LYPFT to improve how it procures and manages agency staffing. NOE CPC, alongside LYPFT’s Bank Staffing and Procurement Departments, worked in partnership to deliver a more efficient, regulated supply of agency staff to care services that meet minimum contractual standards of quality. The three teams worked together with five other Trusts to create a stronger presence in the regional market for agency staffing. This resulted in a number of positive outcomes including;
- Set worker pay rates across the cluster – ensuring a fair rate of pay for workers
- Fixed charge rates for agencies across the cluster – delivering best value without compromising quality
- Expansion of approved suppliers list – meaning greater exposure to agency RN and HCA’s without compromising quality or cost
- Clearly defined contractual relationship with approved suppliers delivering accountability for the agencies and increasing the Trust’s integrity in the market and with NHSi
- Regular stakeholder meetings with agencies to discuss practices that are not in line with the Trust values and behaviours
- Locally introduced agency e-portal that has reduced the Bank e-mail traffic by 75%, releasing time to focus on supporting ward manager to deliver safe staffing levels
- Regular forum attendance to promote and share good practice across the cluster.
LYPFT’s Trust Awards reflect the high standards, innovation and commitment within staff teams in the Trust and celebrate and recognise those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make a real difference to service users, their carers and families, their teams, services and the Trust.
Keith Rowley, NOE CPC Managing Director said: “I am extremely proud of the team on being Highly Commended in the category of ‘Working in Partnership’ at the recent LYPFT Trust Awards for their work in supporting LYPFT, along with five other Trusts, to improve how they procure and manage agency staffing. This is just one example of the significant work that NOE CPC is contributing to for Community and Mental Health member organisations and it is fantastic to receive this recognition.”
Written by Sian Hibbert